Home

   

Dionisi

Properties

Contact

 

Properties for sale in
Labro

Site select

Country:

Region:

Province:

City:

Labro

Shopping
By car:
From the north
Take the motorway A1 Firenze-Roma, exit at the Orte toll and then follow along the clearway (superstrada) Orte-Terni and later on along the SS 675 or SS 79, direction Rieti.
Take the motorway A1 Firenze-Roma, exit immediately after the Roma-Nord toll at Fiano Romano e then follow the SS4 Salaria, direction Rieti.
From the south
Take the motorway A1 Napoli-Roma, at San Cesareo take the diversion to the motorway A1 Firenze-Roma, direction Roma; leave the motorway at the Fiano Romano toll and then follow SS4 Salaria, direction Rieti.
Rieti is about 80 km away from Rome and is easy to reach along SS4 Salaria.
From Terni
After having driven on for about 14 km along the main road Terzana, there is an intersection for Leonessa. Drive on for 4 km and you?ll reach the village of Labro.
Labro is a mediaeval village that overlooks the Piediluco lake; here it is possible to admire old stone houses, piled up one on the other and alternated by narrow winding streets, small squares and stairs, some of them surmounted by vaulted arcs, the remarkable architectures of Palazzo Nobili-Vitelleschi.
The village, dominated by a castle, was saved from degradation and neglect by a Belgian architect Ivan Mossevele, who moved in there during the first years of 1970?s, working out a plan of restoration of the medieval village.
Seems that this village which was strongly bellicose, both for the character of its habitants and for the opportunities it?s strategic position between the Rieti dominion and that of Spoleto offered, sprang up from a Greek colony. The battles between the men of Luco and those of Labro, caused by the construction of a Fortress on Monte Caperno in 1200 and which involved later on also Bonifacio VIII, went on for a long time. Labro belonged to Rieti and later on became the feud of the family Nobili and then of the Vitelleschi. Under the dominion of the Papal State Labro became an independent government with a ?Consulta?. It was only in 1817 that this municipality became part of the Poggio Bustone territory.
The Castle De? Nobili Vitelleschi, built during the tenth century, stands on the remains of an ancient fortress. In 956 the emperor Ottone I assigned the feud of Labro to the De? Nobili and that way it became a permanent residence of the family which then became related to that of Vitelleschi in 1500; in 1624 with the extinction of the Vitelleschi, the family adopted the double surname.
The castle which was restructured thoroughly and enlarged towards the end of fifteenth century, incorporating the tower and the walls of the ancient fortress, was transformed into a palazzo through following restorations. The building was modified again with the opening of the windows and realization of brackets and guelph-styled battlements between the end of 1800 and the beginning of 1900.
Nature Reserves of Lakes Lungo and Ripasottile
The reserve was established on 17th June 1985 and is part of the system of Parks and Nature Reserves. Lake Ripasottile is more extended (371 m above sea level), almost 2 km long with a perimeter of 6 km. Lake Lungo instead extends for more than a kilometre , with a perimeter of 3 km and it lies under the Cantalice Plain. The southern point of the lake connects it through a short canal with the small lake of Fogliano. The reserve offers different kind of excursion paths: for walkers, cyclists, horseback riders, and also didactic oaths with resting places and observation points. Furthermore there are picnic areas, a museum, a camping site, parking places etc.

The Holy Valley
Rieti?s Holy Valley is less than one hundred kilometres from Rome. The most ancient of the consular roads, La Salaria (the Saltroad) has many interesting sites along its path and is able to stir up magical and spiritual feelings in those who travel along it.
The most important visit regards the four Franciscan sanctuaries: Fonte Colombo, La Foresta, Greccio and Poggio Bustone. These sanctuaries form the ideal shape of a cross, constituting the symbol of San Francesco.
The four sanctuaries represent the fundamental places to visit during any pilgrimage that follows the footsteps of San Francesco, the Saint who tried to understand nature and to see the divine fingerprint in everything.
The result is the hermitages and monasteries in which traces of his presence seem to be impressed.

Terminillo
The Terminillo group of mountains is the most important of the four groups, of which the whole chain of the Rieti Mountains can be divided, both for mountaineering and skiing and for their flora and fauna. Consisting of a number of peaks divided by deep valleys and elegant ridges. In the east the Velino river divides it with a deep valley from Monte Giano and its course limits the whole southern side of the mountain group, while in the west it is bordered by the Rieti Plain and Lisciano Valley up to the Cantalice Saddle. To the north it is bordered by the Leonessa Plain.
The history of this mountain goes back to the second half of the 19th century. In 1901 the Rome Ski Club started construction of the Umberto I shelter, completed in 1903. In 1927 the Rieti Ski Club was born and in the beginning of the 1930?s it built the Trebbiani cabin in Pian? de Valli. It was Mussolini who urged the building of this street, and, consequently the construction of the living area in Pian? de Valli.
Today it remains largely unchanged and Terminillo has become `the Mountain of Rome`. At present Mount Terminillo is among the most important tourist resorts both in winter and in summer and it is one of the areas with the best facilities for tourists in Southern Italy. Between 1500m and 2100m altitude there are a cablecar, 3 chair-lifts and 9 ski-lifts, serving about 40 km of ski slopes, of which three are certified for international competition, and is excellent for both beginners and experts. Mount Terminillo has qualified teachers working in various ski schools. At between 1500m and 1600m there are 26 km of cross-country ski routes. 2.5 km from the centre of Pian? de Valli there is the high plain of ?Cinque Confini?, where various tracks wind into the beautiful beechwoods and small valleys, with routes of varying distance and difficulty. Mount Terminillo has a wide number and range of hotels, a modern Congress House, a youth hostel, CAI shelter and many apartments.

Labro is the gateway between the oenologic-gastronomic traditions of the Umbria and of the Rieti "Holy Valley". Its land is known for the high quality of food and drinks. Among local genuine products we recommend cheese, sliced salami, fowl meat, mushrooms (precious truffles and Porcini mushrooms), honey, fruits. All these dishes are  inspired to the gastronomic tradition  of the area.

Ristorante ?Pizzeria Ulisse di Pileri
Loc. Cancello
tel. 0746-636295
Palazzo Crispolti
Via Vittorio Emanuele n16
tel. 0746-636135

Agriturismo Alla Sorgente della Valle
Voc. Valle Avanzana
tel. 0746-636286

Copyright © 2005 & Powered by Galaxy Technology S.r.l.
Sponsored by Dionisi Property Search Ltd